Air Fryer Chicken Breasts – Spend With Pennies
Looking for a quick and easy dinner idea that’s ready in 20 minutes? This recipe is a must try!
You won’t believe how incredibly tender and juicy air fryer chicken breasts are with minimal prep and just a handful of seasonings
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights thanks to the magic of an air fryer.
Chicken Breasts in 20 Minutes
- This air fryer chicken breast recipe needs just a couple of minutes of prep.
- It takes only a handful of ingredients. Use the seasonings below, your favorite chicken seasoning, or really any seasoning mix.
- The results are incredibly juicy every single time. Hands down one of our favorite 20-minute meals.
- It’s great to make ahead for meal prep.
Chicken Breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz. This recipe is for boneless skinless chicken breasts sized 6-7oz. (We use this recipe for air fryer chicken thighs). Four 6oz chicken breasts will weigh about 1 1/2 lbs.
Seasonings are simple. Olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, kosher salt, and pepper are all that’s needed.
Add other seasonings to the blend in the recipe or swap the seasonings and your favorite spice mixture. Try taco seasoning, lemon pepper or Greek seasoning.
For lean meats like pork chops, a brine is great, but it’s not necessary for chicken breasts in the air fryer. You can still make them extra juicy as long as you don’t overcook them.
Marinating is also optional, but if you use a chicken marinade, make sure to remove any excess to help the chicken get crispy on the outside while still being juicy on the inside.
How to Air Fry Chicken Breasts
- Rub chicken breasts with a little olive oil and seasoning (per the recipe below).
- Place in the air fryer basket ensuring there is space around each chicken breast.
- Cook for 16-19 minutes flipping after 10 minutes.
Rest a few minutes before cutting.
Serve air fryer chicken breasts on their own or slice them for salads, pasta, or to meal prep.
How Long to Cook Chicken Breasts in an Air Fryer
Note: this is for 6-7 oz chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz. Adjust cook time as needed.
- Cook chicken breasts for about 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and cook for another 6-9 minutes.
- Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
NOTE: Be sure to check the temperature of the chicken a few minutes early to ensure it doesn’t overcook. Appliances can vary.
Tips for Success
- A few swipes of BBQ sauce will add a great flavor and sticky exterior.
- Check for doneness a few minutes before cooking should be done by inserting a meat thermometer in the thickest part. Chicken should reach 165°F.
- Let the chicken breasts rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- When seasoning chicken breasts, pat the seasoning into it all over, firmly coating the chicken with the seasonings.
- Do not overcook.
Fave Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Add some chicken to the air fryer and whip of a favorite side dish for an easy weeknight meal.
Did you make these Air Fryer Chicken Breasts? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are perfectly seasoned, tender & juicy!
Seasoning Mix (or use your favorite seasoning blend)
Preheat the air fryer to 370°F.
In a small bowl, combine the seasoning mix.
Dab the chicken dry with paper towels and then rub it with olive oil. Season with the seasoning mix or your own preferred blend.
Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer, ensuring that they don’t overlap.
Cook the chicken for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken over and cook for an additional 6-9 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F. Be sure not to overcook.
Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Cook time can vary slightly based on the size/shape of chicken, the cooking times are for 6-7 oz chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can range in size from 5oz to 10oz and appliances can vary. Adjust cook time as needed.
Other seasoning options include garlic powder, onion powder, and/or Italian seasoning, Greek seasoning blend, cajun seasoning, or lemon pepper.
If your chicken breasts fit in your basket without overlapping, you can use 4 chicken breasts. If they’re extra large, cook them in batches or just use 3 chicken breasts (seasoning will remain the same). Larger chicken breasts will need an extra minute or two of cooking time.
Calories: 174 | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 132mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.