Air Fryer Nachos – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
These Air Fryer Nachos are a fun new way to make an old favorite! Loaded with cheese, topped with your favorite protein, and serve with guacamole, sour cream or salsa!
Cheesy, gooey nachos are always a favorite. And there are so many different versions or ways to make them. Sheet Pan Nachos are very similar to this version in the air fryer, it is just baked in the oven. Barbecue Chicken Nachos are a fun twist with new flavors. But not everyone has an oven, and some ovens tend to really heat up your kitchen. So Air Fryer Nachos can be the perfect solution!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Nachos
- Fast – these take 4-5 minutes of cooking time in the air fryer. No preheating necessary, so much faster than the oven.
- Versatile – I used leftover Santa Fe Chicken to make these nachos, but you can use taco meat, chicken, pork, beans or even just Fajita Veggies to make these your own.
- Easy – nachos are one of the easiest meals you can make. It is literally just layer in the ingredients you like and let it go! Even the kids could help and even complete this on their own.
- Almost No Clean Up – because you line the air fryer basket with parchment paper, it is super quick and easy to clean up as well! No scrubbing melted on cheese off a baking sheet with this method.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Cooked Chicken – you really can use any meat/protein you like. It is a great use for leftovers. Or you can make it vegetarian using bean or crumbled tofu
Best Nacho Toppings
After you have the basics that gets cooked together, you can get creative on how you want to top them. Don’t get me wrong, they are delicious as is, but I like to add fresh ingredients on top to really make it come together.
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Black Olives
- Fresh Cilantro
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Nachos
- Parchment Paper. The easiest way to not make a mess and keep things in one place is to arrange a piece of parchment paper in the base of your air fryer. I like to let it come up the sides, so I can use those to remove the nachos after they are cooked.
- Assemble. Next you can start to layer in your ingredients. Add half of the tortilla chips to the base, spreading into a single layer. Then top with half of the cheese and half of your chicken. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Toppings. Remove from the air fryer and top with your desired toppings to serve.
- Use parchment paper or foil to avoid making a mess with the cheese. It won’t be a problem if you skip this, but it will just be harder to clean up. And it is easier to use eat, when you can lift them out of the air fryer instead of having the hot basket in the middle of the table.
- Get creative with your toppings. Whatever you like on tacos or other nachos works the same here. So if you have leftover Pulled Pork, this is a great use for it!
- Use good quality tortilla chips. I like to use restaurant style chips here, so they are thin enough to bite into and get the crunch you want, but thick enough they stand up to the cheese and toppings you add.
- Stop at 2 layers when you are making your air fryer nachos. Much higher and the chips tend to get soggy.
- 6 oz tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Green Onion
- Sour Cream
- Line air fryer basket with parchment paper, having it come up the side so you can use it to lift the nachos out after they are cooked.
- Arrange half of the tortilla chips in the base of the air fryer, spreading into a mostly even layer. Top with half of the chicken and shredded cheese.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook at 320º for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the air fryer and top as desired.
You can use whatever protein/meat you have on hand or enjoy. It is a great use for leftovers, so use what you have.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 483Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 90mgSodium 452mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 25g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!