Copycat Shamrock Shakes (4 Ingredients)
Looking for a fun and festive way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
Try making your own homemade copycat McDonald’s shamrock shake! With just a few simple ingredients, it’s quick & easy.
Cool and creamy with a minty flavor, now you can enjoy Shamrock Shakes all year long!
What is a Shamrock Shake?
- This cool and creamy mint milkshake is McDonalds’ annual shake to mark the St. Patrick’s Day holiday! They’re available for a limited time!
- No need to wait for February or March when you can make this homemade shamrock shake recipe with just a few simple ingredients!
- Four ingredients and a blender are all you need for this minty treat.
How to Make a Shamrock Shake
- Dairy – Full-fat dairy like vanilla ice cream and whole milk will give the richest flavor, but you can substitute it with your favorite non-dairy (like coconut milk) or lighter versions. Switch to chocolate ice cream for a yummy change.
- Peppermint – Use peppermint extract for the best flavor. Mint extract, a mix of peppermint and spearmint extract, also works.
- Color – Use green food coloring or gel food coloring to give your mint shake its signature green color.
- Toppings – Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry.
Simply add the ingredients in the recipe below to a blender and blend. SO easy.
Shake it Up!
Why should the kids have all the fun?
- Stir in some oreo cookie pieces.
- Make a grown-up version with an ounce of alcohol. Try Bailey’s Irish Cream, Peppermint Schnapps, crème de menthe, Irish whiskey, or peppermint-flavored vodka!
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a maraschino cherry! Add some green sprinkles if you have them.
More Minty Favorites
Did you enjoy these Shamrock Shakes? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Copycat Shamrock Shakes
These creamy shamrock shakes are light and sweet, the perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!
Spike this favorite with a splash of creme de menthe, Baileys, or vodka for a boozy treat!
Calories: 562 | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 223mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 1169IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 375mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.