Delicious Gluten Free Meals – a gluten free recipe book by Sarah Howells
This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
I’m VERY excited to announce my debut gluten free cookbook – Delicious Gluten Free Meals by Sarah Howells – is available to pre-order now!
Writing a recipe book has always been a lifelong dream and thanks to every single one of YOU this dream has now come true.
I wanted to write the book I *wish* had been around when I was first diagnosed with coeliac disease back in 2002.
Packed with 100 gluten free meals, sides and desserts – as well as lots of advice for living with coeliac disease – this is THE only gluten free recipe book you need.
There’s everything from quick and easy recipes, batch cooking, one pan meals and tasty gluten free fake-aways plus a bunch of yummy coeliac-safe desserts.
I’ve also covered gluten free (and non-gluten-free) foods, shopping tips, how to read ingredients lists, tips for cross contamination and more.
It’s the one-stop shop for everything gluten free and the perfect book for new and veteran coeliacs alike.
When will Delicious Gluten Free Meals be out?
My debut recipe book, Delicious Gluten Free Meals, is due for release in the UK on September 14th, 2023.
However, you can pre-order a copy right now from the following places:
Pre-sales are super important for debut authors so if you want to get your hands on my brand new recipe book the day it comes out, make sure you order in advance!
And with the Amazon price promise it means if you pre-order on there, you’ll only be charged the lowest price the book is offered at.
So if you order it and it drops in price before it comes out, you’ll benefit from that discount too!
And with a September launch it’ll make an excellent Christmas gift for the gluten free person in your life (or yourself).
So if you order it now, you’ll be more organised than most of us!
What can I expect from Delicious Gluten Free Meals?
Delicious Gluten Free Meals is my debut recipe book and is packed with 100 gluten free meal ideas including sides and desserts.
Not only this, but the book is packed with lots of advice on living with coeliac disease and leading a gluten free life.
In Delicious Gluten Free Meals you’ll find gluten free recipes plus chapters on:
- My own coeliac disease diagnosis
- What gluten is, which foods are gluten free and which are not
- How to shop for gluten free food, including navigating ‘may contain’ warnings and reading ingredients lists
- Tips for tackling cross contamination in your own kitchen and when eating with family and friends
What recipes can I find in Delicious Gluten Free Meals?
There are 100 gluten free recipes, with 20 favourites from the blog and 80 brand new recipes that have never been seen before!
In Delicious Gluten Free Meals the recipes are split into sections including:
- Absolute Basics – the gluten free staples everyone needs in their cooking repertoire, from gluten free pastry and sauces to fresh pasta and gnocchi.
- Quick and Easy – meals which are ready in less than 30 minutes, from fritters and pasta dishes to quesadillas, tray bakes and burgers.
- Batch Cooking Heroes – easy recipes to bulk cook and freeze, including chilli con carne meatballs, fish pie, fish cakes, homemade cannelloni and more.
- Low and Slow – pure comfort food with slow cooker options for affordability. From hearty beef stew and pork and cider casserole to pulled Mexican chicken and steak pies.
- One Pan Meals – for those nights when you want to cut down the washing up, my one-pan recipes include a one-pan chicken fajita traybake, aubergine tagine, vegetable puff pie and toad in the hole.
- Fake-aways – the meals we all miss, minus the gluten! Get ready to welcome your favourites back into your life, from fried chicken and doner kebabs to sweet and sour pork, egg noodles and the BEST gluten free pizzas.
- Simple Sides – No meal would be complete without delicious sides, from puffy Yorkshire puds to focaccia, spring rolls, samosas and more.
- Desserts – the piece de resistance of any meal! Including classics like sticky toffee pudding, arctic roll, New York cheesecake, churros and mug cakes.
(Please note when international pre-orders open I will update this post with links!)
Are there any vegetarian / vegan / dairy free recipes?
Delicious Gluten Free Meals caters for a wide variety of tastes with plenty of veggie and vegan options.
The book also has a handy key marking the recipes which are dairy free, egg free, vegan and meat free.
There are also recipes marked with a ‘dairy free option’ which explains how to easily adapt those recipes to avoid dairy.
I’ve tried to make this book as inclusive as possible and cater for all tastes, so there is something for everyone.
Where can I buy Delicious Gluten Free Meals?
Delicious Gluten Free Meals will be available to buy in all good bookshops from September 14th, and I’ll update this post with stockists.
At the moment you can pre-order it from the following places:
As always, I really appreciate the support you guys give me so a huge thank you to anyone who has already placed their order!