Easy Bruschetta Recipe | Dinners, Dishes & Desserts
This bruschetta recipe is the perfect Italian appetizer. It’s quick and easy to make, loaded with flavorful tomatoes, and has the perfect hit of basil and balsamic vinegar.
Bruschetta has to be one of the best appetizers out there. It is super simple, but filled with so much flavor. It takes minutes to make and when you have fresh ingredients, it is just perfect!
This is my favorite bruschetta recipe for that exact reason. It only takes 5 minutes to make, and it only uses a few different ingredients. You can easily throw it together when you want a snack, or make a large batch for a dinner party. Whatever the occasion, you’re bound to love this recipe. The tomato flavor is so strong, with just the right amount of garlic, pepper, basil, and balsamic vinegar. All the ingredients work together in perfect harmony, making something truly special.
Why This Easy Bruschetta Recipe is the Best
I make this recipe all the time, and if you make it once, you’ll probably be hooked too. Here’s why you’ll love this recipe.
- So quick and easy. This recipe only has a few ingredients, and they’re all things that you likely already have in your kitchen. The entire thing only takes 5 minutes to make, and you won’t dirty a million pots, pans, and bowls. As far as recipes go, they don’t get much more simple than this one, even though the flavors in this bruschetta are anything but simple.
- Perfect for a party. I love to make bruschetta when I’m having a party. Whether it’s a dinner party, a larger event, or a potluck that I’m attending, this is a great party food. It’s easy to make a huge batch of it, and it will be a hit with everyone. It’s an easy finger food, and it goes well with just about everything.
- Storable. The bruschetta filling will last for quite a while in the fridge, and it will only get better as it sits. So you can make a batch of it to last you through the week, and then have bruschetta whenever your heart desires it. What could be better than that?
Here are all the ingredients that you’ll need to make this fresh bruschetta. Make sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts for each ingredient in this recipe.
- Tomatoes – I recommend roma tomatoes or vine ripened tomatoes, but you can use other types, too.
- Fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper – Always use freshly-cracked black pepper.
How to Make Bruschetta
Here’s how to make this 5-minute appetizer. It couldn’t be easier!
- Make the sauce. Add the tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Prepare the bread. Slice the baguette into ½-inch thick slices. Brush each side with olive oil, and then toast or grill until golden brown.
- Add garlic. After the bread has toasted, rub a piece of raw garlic over it.
- Finish. Add the sauce on top of the bread, and serve.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few of my favorite tips for making this recipe.
- Make your own bread. If you really want to take this recipe to the next level, you can use homemade baguettes. Everything tastes better on homemade bread, and this recipe is no exception. Even if you don’t make your own baguettes, be sure to use fresh bread if you can.
- Use high-quality ingredients. There are a lot of recipes where you can use the cheapest ingredients and you’ll never know the difference, but this isn’t one of them. Bruschetta is all about using high-quality, simple ingredients, and letting the flavors shine through. Make sure to use nice tomatoes, super fresh basil, and high-quality balsamic vinegar when you make this recipe.
- Make it ahead of time. If you make the tomato mixture ahead of time, and place it in the fridge, it will only get better. The ingredients will meld together with time, and create stronger flavors. For the best results, make the sauce the day before you assemble the bruschetta.
What to Serve it With
Since bruschetta is a traditional Italian appetizer, I like to serve it alongside some traditional Italian entrees. Here are a few of my favorites.
How to Store Leftover Bruschetta
Leftover bruschetta won’t last for very long once it’s been assembled, because the bread will get soggy very quickly. However, you can store the tomato mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I Freeze This Recipe?
I don’t recommend freezing bruschetta, because the fresh tomatoes won’t do very well being frozen and then thawed. The texture won’t be quite right.
More Tasty Tomato Recipes
Tomatoes are easily one of my favorite ingredients. And when they’re in season, I find myself cooking them at almost every meal. Here are some more of my favorite tomato recipes.
For the Bruschetta Mixture:
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (6-7 roma tomatoes or 4-5 regular tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 baguette
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Add the chopped tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic to a bowl. Toss gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the baguette about 1/2-inch thick. Brush each side with olive oil and toast or grill until golden brown.
- Rub a piece of raw garlic over each piece of toasted bread.
- Top with the tomato mixture and serve.
- The bruschetta mixture will last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Do not store the bruschetta already assembled, as the bread will get soggy.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 181Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 375mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Lots of different E-Books for sale. Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!