Mascarpone-Ricotta Tart – Bake from Scratch
With a crisp crust, creamy filling, and fresh berries, nothing celebrates midsummer quite like this Mascarpone-Ricotta Tart. To the filling, we added a touch of orange zest and a dash of orange liqueur, which complements the ricotta and mascarpone cheese filling beautifully. The BelGioioso® Ricotta con Latte® is a delicious cheese that offers a soft, milky flavor that melds gloriously with the indulgent, slightly sweet BelGioioso® Mascarpone. Topped with fresh, sweet-tart berries, this stunning Mascarpone-Ricotta Tart is deliciously simple to make and enjoy!
Mascarpone Ricotta Tart
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (80 grams) plus ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1¾ cups (219 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (24 grams) almond flour
- 1 (16-ounce) package BelGioioso® Ricotta con Latte®
- 1 (8-ounce) package BelGioioso® Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) orange liqueur
- 2 teaspoons (2 grams) orange zest
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- Garnish: fresh berries
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, ⅔ cup (80 grams) confectioners’ sugar, and salt at medium speed until pale and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg, and beat until combined, stopping to scrape sides and bottom of bowl. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flours, beating until just combined. Turn out dough, and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-inch circle (⅛-inch thickness). Carefully transfer to 9-inch round fluted removable-bottom tart pan, pressing lightly to make sure pastry fills pan and grooves completely. Using a paring knife, trim excess. Using a fork, evenly dock bottom of crust. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Top prepared crust with parchment paper. Add pie weights.
- Bake until edges are set, about 15 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and pie weights. Bake until surface of crust is dry and golden brown, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan.
- Clean bowl of stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, beat ricotta and mascarpone at medium-high speed until thick and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add liqueur, orange zest, vanilla, and remaining ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar; beat at medium speed until combined, about 1 minute, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Spread ricotta filling into cooled tart shell. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve. Top with fresh berries, if desired.