Pumpkin Overnight Oats – Spend With Pennies
Pumpkin overnight oats taste like guilt-free pumpkin pie in a breakfast bowl!
Pumpkin oats are mixed with healthy chia and pecans, plus Greek yogurt and pumpkin pie spice and soaked overnight.
These come out creamy, with plump, tender oats and a pumpkin cinnamon flavor.
An Easy Overnight Breakfast
- It takes minutes to prepare a delicious breakfast that’s ready to eat the next morning.
- It’s easy to make individual bowls or soak them in mason jars for grab-and-go healthy breakfasts!
- Perfect to meal prep and make ahead for easy breakfasts throughout the week.
- Pumpkin overnight oatmeal is loaded with healthy ingredients to power anyone through a busy morning.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Overnight Oats
Oats – Choose large flake oats, often known as old-fashioned or rolled oats. They offer a nutty flavor and chewy texture. Other varieties of oats will work, but the texture will change. Quick oats can be used but will have a softer texture.
Pumpkin – Use homemade or canned pumpkin puree and add a little bit of pumpkin pie spice.
Dairy – Greek yogurt adds creaminess and protein. For a dairy-free twist, try coconut yogurt or cream. Feel free to use your preferred type of milk or dairy free milk such as almond milk.
- Feel free to substitute steel-cut oats for old-fashioned oats and add a bit of extra milk. Ensure they soak overnight, the texture will be a bit more chewy.
- Soaked chia seed makes a creamy pudding-like consistency, and in fact, chia is considered to be a healthy food. Ground flax seed can be added as well.
- Stir in a spoonful of almond, cashew, peanut, or seed butter for extra protein and flavor. Add in some frozen berries or top with some tasty baked apple slices. The sky is the limit when it comes to mix-ins!
- Sprinkle anything the heart desires on top of this delicious breakfast bowl. Hemp hearts for health, chopped candied pecans or mini chocolate chips. Swap pumpkin spice for apple pie spice or use your own mixture of cinnamon and ginger. Add in vanilla extract and some extra fruit like chopped apples, dried dates, raisins, or cranberries!
How to Make Pumpkin Overnight Oats
This is so simple, it’s hard to believe that such a nourishing meal could be ready so fast, and make for such a convenient morning!
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide mixture into mason jars or individual breakfast bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Add any desired toppings in the morning and serve!
Perfect for Meal Prep!
- Overnight oats are ideal for meal prep. Make them on the weekend and enjoy them all week long.
- They will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Did you enjoy these Pumpkin Overnight Oats? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Pumpkin Overnight Oats
With this pumpkin overnight oats recipe it isn’t hard to eat healthy in the morning!
In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chia seeds, milk, yogurt, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and maple syrup (or brown sugar). Taste and add more sweetener if desired.
Divide the mixture among four small mason jars or small containers. Seal tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or for best results, allow it to sit overnight.
Garnish with whipped topping overnight if desired.
- Use flavored or unflavored yogurt. If using plain yogurt, add extra sweetener if desired.
- Large flaked oats or rolled oats work best for this recipe. Steel-cut oats work but will provide a different texture and need to be refrigerated for 2 days before eating.
- Chia seeds make the best texture in this recipe. If you don’t have chia seeds, substitute ground flax seeds, finely chopped nuts, or even oat bran. This will change the texture.
Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Calories: 342 | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 42mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 6485IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.