Summer Sangria – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Take advantage of the different fresh fruits to make this super refreshing and easy Summer Sangria. Great for entertaining or sipping on while enjoying the weather.
Summer time is all about getting together with friends and family to enjoy good food and good company along with the gorgeous weather. That can be traveling to a special destination or just hanging out in the backyard. And what goes along with good food, better than good cocktails! I am all about the classic Vodka Lemonade or a fun Watermelon Margarita, but sangria is just so fun and refreshing to make.
Why You’ll Love This Summer Sangria
- Easy – sangria is a super easy drink to make. You really just dump everything in and let it sit!
- Snacking – not only do you get a refreshing cocktail with sangria, but you get to snack on the fruit! It is practically a built in meal.
- Versatile – mix it up using whatever summer fruit you have on hand or like! I used watermelon, mango and pineapple. But there are so many great options!
What Is Sangria
Sangria is a more traditional drink that is served in Spain. It is served kind of like a punch. It is usually made with red wine and chopped fruits. Often brandy is also added to the mix. But for summer, I think it is perfectly acceptable to mix it up and make it with a crisp white wine to make it even more freshing.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Lemon-Lime Soda
What Fruits To Use In Sangria
This is really up to you and what you like. Here are a few that would work really well in this. You need 2-3 cups, so you can just pick a combination you like.
- Lemon or Lime Slices
How To Make Summer Sangria
- Chop – get your fruit ready by chopping it up into small pieces
- Pour – in to a large pitcher you want to mix together your wine and brandy
- Mix – add in the fruit and mix it all together.
- Set – Sangria is one of those drinks you want to let it sit for awhile before serving. ideally you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.
- Serve – when you are ready to serve add in your lemon-lime soda and pour over glasses with ice. Make sure to scoop a little bit of fruit into each glass.
What Is The Best Wine For Sangria
The key is really just something that you like drinking. You are adding fruit, so you can go on the sweet side of things if you want with this, or you can let it balance out with a drier white wine. Really anything goes, as long as you like drinking it.
- Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc
Also because you are adding so much to it, you don’t have to buy an expensive bottle. Something in the $10 range will be great for this.
2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 cup watermelon
- 2 cups peaches and pineapple
- 1 lime, sliced
- 20 oz sprite
- Chop the fruit into bite sized pieces
- Into a large pitcher pour the wine and brandy, stir to combine.
- Add in the fruit and mix it all together.
- Place in the fridge for a couple hours to chill and let the flavors come together.
- When you are ready to serve add in the sprite and pour over glasses with ice. Scoop some fruit into each glass.
Use 2-3 cups of any type of fruit you like
Amount Per Serving
Calories 176Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 26gProtein 1g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!