Tandoori Salmon Tacos – Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option
This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
These Tandoori Salmon Tacos are the perfect blend of tasty and spicy with a refreshing tomato salsa.
The yoghurt-based tandoori marinade pairs perfectly with the pink, flaky salmon to create a great sharing meal.
I love tacos because you can spread all the fillings out on the table and make your own as you go.
And while mixing Indian and Mexican cuisine to create these tandoor salmon tacos may seem a little unorthodox, it really works.
Using gluten free tortilla wraps these make a great light meal and one which is perfect the warmer summer evenings.
That being said, the heat from the tandoori marinade will also keep you warm on a chilli evening too!
There’s a full printable recipe card below, but here’s a list of the main ingredients you’ll need for these Tandoori Salmon Tacos.
I’ve also included ideas for any substitutions if you want to mix it up or have other dietary requirements to think of.
- Skinless Salmon Fillets: If you’re not such a dab-hand with a knife, I have a simple hack for removing the skin. Simply place the raw salmon fillets on a cooling rack over the sink, skin side up, and pour over boiling water. The skin should shrink back and be easier to remove.
- Gluten free tortilla wraps: My favourite wraps for these tacos are the Old El Paso Corn Tortillas. You can find them in the Mexican food aisle and they’re a great accidentally gluten free find. They also have gluten free tortilla wraps in some free from aisles which are great too.
- Yoghurt: Natural yoghurt works fine for this marinade but if you want a dairy free recipe I’d recommend using coconut yoghurt.
- Lime Juice: You can use lime juice from a bottle if you like but I much prefer squeezing fresh limes. I find it cheaper – and any leftovers can be sliced up and frozen ready to add to a G&T!
- Spices: For this marinade I use chilli powder, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper. Spices are gluten free but some come with ‘may contain’ warnings so always make sure to double check when buying.
To make this recipe dairy free, simple switch the yoghurt for a dairy free alternative.
To scale this recipe up you can easily double the quantities to serve four people.
How to make tandoori salmon tacos
Making these gluten free tacos is super easy and they’re ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes.
The first step is to mix up the marinade and coat the chunks of skinless salmon in it.
Next, thread them onto skewers and bake until the salmon is cooked through – this should only take around 15 minutes.
In this time you can mix up the salsa, as well as warm the gluten free tortillas (wrapped in foil) in the oven too.
Flake the salmon off the skewers and then load up your tacos with the fish and salsa, plus some extra salad.
Feel free to add any additional extras you fancy like chopped jalapeños, avocado chunks or even pair it with my Mexican Corn Salad.
My Tandoori Salmon Tacos recipe
This Tandoori Salmon Tacos recipe serves two people as a lovely, light dinner – but you can easily scale it up or down.
And here’s a super quick snapshot video of how easy these are to make:
If you make this recipe and love it, please do let me know by tagging me on my Instagram or using #theglutenfreeblogger. I love seeing your creations!
And please do leave a review to let others know you loved it too! It would mean the world to me.
Tandoori Salmon Tacos
These tandoori salmon tacos are perfect fusion food! Deliciously spiced tandoori salmon kebabs served in gluten free tacos with a lime salsa. Serves 2 people.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- Gluten free wraps
For the marinade:
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
For the salsa:
- Large handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets and cut into large chunks. Preheat the oven to 200C / Fan 180C / Gas Mark 6.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the salmon chunks and mix well until coated. Thread the pieces onto a skewer and then bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the salsa. Chop the tomatoes into 4 and then add to a bowl with the finely diced red onion and lime juice, mixing well.
- When the salmon is cooked remove from the oven and remove from the skewers. Serve in the gluten free wraps with salsa and fresh salad leaves.
I always use the Old El Paso corn tortilla wraps as they’re perfect taco size, accidentally gluten free and taste amazing!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 505mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 55g
Need more gluten free recipe inspiration?
Here are some more gluten free dinner recipes you can try out once you’ve made this Tandoori Salmon Tacos recipe.
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram.
If you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Like this Tandoori Salmon Tacos recipe?
Make sure you follow me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!