Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Keep a pitcher of this copycat Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold brew recipe in the fridge for an anytime refresher!
Skip the lineup and heft price tag; this creamy cold brew is easy to make at home for less than half the price and only five ingredients!
Brewed to Perfection!
This copycat Starbucks drink is one of our favorite coffee drinks!
- Whip up this sweet & refreshing drink for a caffeine boost any time of the day!
- Perfect for hot summer days, vanilla sweet cream cold brew is an iced coffee, it’s cold and refreshing!
- Customize the recipe with other flavors and mix-ins!
Ingredients in Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Coffee – This recipe uses cold brew, which you can buy but it’s easy to make a home. Steeping coarse ground coffee in cold water eliminates the acidic and bitter flavor of the coffee.
Dairy – Half heavy cream and half milk make this drink nice and creamy, it’s what most coffee shops use. Use more or less of either if you prefer.
Homemade Vanilla Syrup – Double up this syrup because it’s perfect for sweetening iced tea, lemonade, and cocktails!
- Mix in a scoop of vanilla-flavored protein powder (or chia seeds) to the dairy and vanilla for a shot of nutrition.
- For a dairy-free drink, substitute milk and cream with oat milk (it’s the closest in consistency).
- Simple syrup is super easy to customize using your favorite sugar-free sweetener or an extract like lemon, orange, or coconut.
- Top your drink with vanilla sweet cream cold foam. Blend a portion of the milk and cream in a small blender, with an immersion blender, or with a milk frother.
PRO TIP: Freeze cold brew in an ice cube tray and pop one or two out to cool down hot coffee or for an extra caffeine kick to cold drinks.
How to Make Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
- Chill the coffee grounds and water for 12 hours.
- Prepare vanilla simple syrup (per the recipe below) and add it to milk & cream.
- Pour cold brew concentrate, water, & vanilla sweet cream in a jar filled with ice.
Top with whipped cream or foam (see variations).
Storing Cold Brew
Keep cold brew coffee in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days, but it’s best consumed in the first 5 days.
Give it a quick stir before using. If you’re drinking cold brew on its own, dilute it 1:1 with cold water.
Did you make this Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
Skip the lineup and hefty price tag, this Starbucks copycat recipe is easy Ito make at home.
For the Cold Brew
In a French press or large jar with a lid, combine the coffee grounds and cold fresh water. Refrigerate for 12 hours.
If using a French press, press the grounds and pour the cold brew coffee concentrate into a clean jar or pitcher. If using a jar, pour the coffee through a coffee filter into a clean jar.
For the Vanilla Syrup
In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute or until the sugar dissolves.
Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Cool completely.
For the Drink
Combine milk, cream, and cooled vanilla syrup in a small jar.
Fill a 16oz glass or mason jar with ice.
Add 4 oz cold brew concentrate, 4 oz water, and 2 oz vanilla sweet cream or to taste.
Calories: 173 | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 32mg | Potassium: 77mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 487IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 0.04mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.